Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Newest New Resolution

Newest New Resolution

Every year I make the same resolution on new year's, "This year I will give up being a product junkie and not buy anything new unless I run out of it. I will use everything I have and I will only buy something I absolutely need," and every year I break this resolution. Some years I justify by saying, "well, I will only buy them as gifts,"which inevitably leads to me buying one product for someone else, and three for myself. Or some years I say, "well I will only buy products that are eco-friendly," but every year some fancy company comes out with something I feel I must try and cannot give up. So this year, I have decided to embrace my product junkie-ness, and go all out and buy what I want (within reason of course, I am still on student loans), but review them so I can see which products I like, which ones don't work and can help other poor souls who get sucked into clever advertising. So here it is! My newest resolution. I can't promise I'll be adamant, but I can at least promise to be honest. I am a sucker for most any good advertisement ploy especially those that target eco-friendly activities.

Let me first tell you a bit about, well, me. The reasoning for this is simple: products work differently depending on what your type is. I'm not going to get all hippy dippy and say I am an ocean or an earth, but curly-haired and straight haired people are different. Its the separate but equal philosophy, only put to good and proper use.

I am short, 5'0 to be exact, not skinny, but not quite athletically built either. For all intents and purposes I am small, don't really have a butt, but was given very wide hips, and that's all I care to say about that.

Now down to the important stuff: I am fair, irish fair, which means I pretty much burst into flames when sunlight hits me. A few freckles and a few specks of reddish highlights, but for the most part light brown hair. My hair is a bit of a mystery to all. I cannot tell you its true color or shape because of all the years of blow-drying, coloring, and who knows what else I have done to it, but in good times it tends to be wavy/curly, dry, damaged, and frizzy.

And that's me in a product nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment