Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mecca

The Mecca

So I went into Sephora the other day, just for a quick browse and to pick up some concealer since I heard wonders about their cooling stick, and I had some leftover Hannukah money in my pocket, and as you can probably guess the punchline, I ended up walking out with $120 worth of purchases, but I must say I am happy with all of them (and that almost never happens). On top of that, I now have the perfect to-go bag for my trips! Here's what my loot was:

Cargo concealer and foundation in one(26): Originally, I walked in to get Sephora's concealer, however I have now read roughly 1,000 articles on Cargo's magic 2-in-1 container, so I had to try it out. And though not the best job at hiding all of my flaws, I must say I was impressed. It glides smoothly, doesn't cake up and while not completely concealing my blemishes it didn't dry them out and make them more noticeable, so I walked away with this little gem. I don't wear foundation so I found this well worth buying a tinted moisturizer and concealer.

Ouidad Tress Effects Gel (15): Ouidad. This is the curly-haired girl's line. I have never seen a more marketed product line that Ouidad for curly haired girls. It is supposedly "understands" and "memorizes" my curls. I'm creeped out and intrigued all at the same time. However, it is wintertine which means my hair will more likely conform to my straightening iron than any other time of year so I am taking full advantage of my pho-straight hair, however I will let you know how it works out.

Smashbox Master Class kit (59): This was definition of impulse buying. It was there with the pretty box and had all the makings of things I loved. Smashbox itself is a great name brand I am religious to loving, but it had everything I needed for my travel makeup kit: lipgloss, mascara, under eye cream, and shadow. The only thing I will complain about is that it does not have a mirror, WHY would they DO that?! It is clearly meant to travel so how do they expect me to use it all?! Anyway, it is now my go-to makeup and haven't used anything since. Big recommendation, though I think its seasonal.

Josie Moran Mini stick ($60): I am skeptical of models turned eco-friendly. I don't believe they look that way without chemicals for one, and for another she doesn't always seem to know what she is talking about. But I will admit her lip glosses are divine and she does give you the list of the ingredients which gives her a big round of applause in my book. This little stick claims it can do anything because of the "argan oil." I have no idea what this is, but it seems to be her main ingredient and claim to fame. It did tame my flyaways and made my hands softer but I cannot say with any validation that it turns back the hand of time for your skin or any of the other too good to be true exploitations on her site. I would like to try more from her line and her earth-friendly style gives her a big thumbs up from me, so if you've tried her stuff let me know!

Freddrick Fekkai Color Mask Treatment ($38): My pride and joy. I have mentioned my hair hates me for all the years of abuse I put it through, but this wonderful conditioner has saved what is left of it. I use it 2-3x a week and as a deep conditioning treatment when I am bored and have an afternoon to kill (put on, shower cap, robe, couple episodes of gossip girl, bottle of wine, and there's your friday night in). Its a miracle. It smooths it out, doesn't stick to hair leaving it greasy, and though is on the waaaaaay pricier side of things is well worth it. I savor every bit and dread the moment I have to go back and get more.


So, that's a month's worth of loan salary right there, but its all in the Xmas spirit so it makes me happy and that's all that matters. Happy shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment